This department offers:
- Automated Blood Culture sensitivity BACT/ALERT 3D.
- VITEK-2 COMPACT system for automated identification of microorganism and sensitivity with MIC values. This system can be used for Gram positive cocci, Gram negative bacilli, Candida and Cryptococcus spp.
- Staining methods performed are: Gram stain, ZN stain for acid fast bacilli, KOH mount for fungal elements.
- Hospital infection control: Air culture by settle plate method of OT, MICU, SICU, CSSD and any ward in case of outbreak.
- Qualitative water culture of IPD, OPD, Water tank by rapid PA Coliform kit.
- Antibiogram is prepared every 3 months.
- Serology: HIV, HBV by chemiluminescence.